Agenda Start-Up Contest 2017
The Start-Up Contest will take place on the 2nd day of Medtec Ireland 2017, 5 October 2017, at the Veranda Lounge. Please see below for a full schedule!
10:30 – 10:40 - Chair: Peter O'Brien, Adjunct Professor, Optical Science Centre, University of Arizona & Head of Group, Photonics Packaging Research, Tyndall National Institute
11:00 – 11:10 – AuriGen Medical – The new standard in the care of atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation: The emergent epidemic
- The unmet medical need
- The AuriGen Medical Approach
John Thompson, Co Founder, Aurigen
11:20 – 11:30 – Increasing compliance rates of bowel screening programmes and reducing HAI infection
- Outline of the Problem(s)
- Measure of the Awareness
- The Solution
- Unique Value Propositions
Brian McCormack, Director, McCormack Innovation
11:30 – 11:40 – Addressing the treatment of thumb base joint arthritis with a novel orthopaedic implant
- Needs finding in orthopaedics
- Orthopaedics market trends
- Evidence-based medical device solutions
- Pathway to market trends in orthopaedic
Brendan Boland, CEO, Loci Orthopaedics
13:30 – 13:50 Announcement of Start Up Contest Winner
Are you a Medtech Start-Up?
Then don't hesitate and apply for our exclusive Medtec Start-Up Academy - your chance to boost your young business!
Medtec Ireland 2017 will once again feature the Start-up Academy
- a platform where start-up businesses showcase their newest innovations to potential partners from the medical device industry.
If you have an innovative product you wish to showcase, we want to hear from you!
The selected start-ups who submit their abstracts will be offered a demonstration slot and presence at Medtec Ireland 2017 event FREE of charge. Winners of Medtec Ireland start-up Academy will then be offered a free stand at Medtec Europe 2018 and a chance to meet potential business partners in our start-up pavilion.